"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cards Vintage Cards


Occasion cards from the store can be impersonal.
I actually despise standing in the card aisle looking for the perfect card for someone.
Why? Because the perfect card does not exist.
If I'm going to give someone an imperfect card...
it might as well be an imperfect one that is handmade by me.
Just sayin'.  ;)


I've been noticing the beautiful, handmade cards out there and all the special supplies needed to make them. I give credit to those who have taken cardmaking into a specialized art form.
Me? I don't have the time, patience, or money for that.
So these are the two cards I made this month. Both with a vintage flair.


Took bits and pieces from my supply stash and just had some fun.
They may be imperfect, but ya know what?
They are more personal as I was thinking of the person the whole time I was working on their card.
Keepin' it simple can be a good thing. 

Photobucket

6 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

Just beautiful! I agree, anything homemade is much better than purchased items.. just makes it so extra special... Have agreat day.. Blessings!

Pamela Gordon said...

I think these are really beautiful cards. So much more personal than store ones. I'd love to receive something like this. Have a great day!

debi rosin said...

Those are A DOR ABLE. Such a thoughtful gesture. I love the mixed media frenzie that's all abound. . . stay sweet. . . d :)

Please visit my blog when you have time
real simple style @
7grands.blogspot.com

Celestina Marie Design said...

Your cards are gorgeous Cindy. The time and effort it takes in creating them is part of the gift I believe. It makes the card even more special. I love to receive handmade cards and try to make those I send as often as possible.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

cynthia lee designs said...

Your cards are so pretty!! I think handmade ones are so special to those that receive them.
hugs,
Cindy

The Farmers Daughter said...

Well, I totally agree with them all! It is beautiful and so, so special to the recipient. I guarantee you! lol (I'll keep your secret!)
Hugs,
Dru

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...